Monday, September 1, 2008

Something new

I'm going to start something new and try to blog at least once a week, recapping happenings of the week. I did this on my myspace blog when I was using that and it seemed to work out well. So, here goes....

Friday-
We both work our normal days and then met after work for pizza. Many of you may know, I'm a pizza connoisseur. I love pizza. We tried out a local place called Zwanzigz. It's located in a residential part of town and has a very cool ambiance. The pizza was fantastic. Probably 3rd on my list. (1. is OUR pizza. 2. Dave's Pizza in Bemidji, MN) But the air temp inside the restaurant was warmer than it was outside...and it was a good 80 degrees at that time. Hopefully next time the air will be fixed.

Saturday-
We slept in super late, and then took a nap for 2.5 hours only 2 hours after getting up. We really needed the sleep, Abhay especially. :) We finally went out of the house around 6 to go see a movie...Mamma Mia. I've been wanting to see it since it came out, and my lovely husband finally caved in and went with me (only because there really wasn't anything else decent showing). I enjoyed it...he lived through it. Afterwards we stopped at Target at bought the 80's classic Ferris Bullers Day Off and watched that. Abhay had never seen it and loved it. "Buller, Buller, Buller..."

Sunday-
We slept in, yet again. We then spent the late morning and early afternoon cleaning. We cleaned up a storm! Early in the afternoon our friends Brad and Michelle Morgan (and Kayleigh and Kevin) called to say they'd be passing through Indianapolis early in the evening and were wondering if we wanted to meet for dinner. And of course we did. We enjoyed a nice meal and good visit at Pizza Uno. It was so good to see them...we really miss our Minnesota friends. We were able to squeeze in a visit to Pier One and buy a couple of things for the new house too! :)

Monday-
Today was filled with getting things ready for the rest of the week (laundry, groceries, etc...) I'm trying something new. I'm starting to make a few items for the week on Sunday (or Monday in this case) and freezing them for dinners during week. Abhay gets home about 2 hours before I do so he can take them out and pop them in the oven...we'll see how it works. We were able to meet up with our friends Shiva and Sheetal for coffee at Starbucks today too. It was good to visit with them and take them by our new house.

1 comment:

The Morgan Family said...

Tell ya what, tomorrow is "Weekly Recap" day for our blogs. Friday. I'll post too! How's everything going? You two should come visit sometime! We'd love to have you!