Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Job! :)

Mandy here--

I am VERY happy to report I was offered and accepted a teaching position on Friday! :) I will be working for Bartholomew Consolidated School Corp at Fodera Community School. I will be a kindergarten teacher (again, YAY!) working with a group of students that are in danger of not making grade level progress by the end of the year.

This is a temporary position, I'm only guaranteed a job until the end of the school year. I will be only working half days, afternoons. But this gives me two feet, and a arm, in the door of the school corp. I know this will only lead to bigger, and brighter things. Funny enough, I interviewed for 3 (yes 3) different jobs this week. Obviously, this is the one that was on the top of my "I want it..." list. I start tomorrow. I will not start with my group of kids until Monday, March 23. (spring break is March 16-20). This week will be spent doing observations, and getting my classroom/lesson plans set up. It's gonna be b-u-s-y!! :)

I am, needless to say, THRILLED. The past few weeks I have been totally bummed out about subbing. I am excited to have my own classroom, and have a group of students to call my own. I'm happy to know I will have work everyday. Abhay is very happy for me too. I am so very lucky to have such a supportive husband, family, and friends!

No comments: