Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 32 - Kindergarten

This is my Kindergarten school picture. Don't you just LOVE my hair? The dress I'm wearing was my favorite--Winnie The Pooh-and I still remember it fondly.

The reason for me posting this picture today, is that yesterday I was offered, and accepted, a kindergarten teaching position. I am totally thrilled. As many of you know, I've struggled to find a teaching job in the 2 + years we've lived here. I've worked lots of odd jobs in schools and got my name out and work out there for people to see....and it's paid off. Now, I have 1, yes ONE, month to prepare before school starts. I'm so excited to be back in the classroom with Kinder-kids. (You might remember I taught kindergarten for 2 years in Minnesota)

Cheers to a new adventure!

3 comments:

Judy Inglis said...

I remember that dress very well. It seems like only yesterday that I sent you off to kindergarten. You did want to wear that dress everyday to school.

The Morgan Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS Mandy!
I know how hard it must be - my little sister just graduated with her teaching degree and her and her hubby (who's still in school) are heading to FL, to take a 6th grad math teaching position...
CONGRATS a thousand times over!!!

Megan said...

Hooray! I know you must be so excited. I bet you are a fantastic kindergarten teacher! Cute pic of you as a little one. Congrats!