Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Arizona Labor Day Weekend Trip

We enjoyed a fun trip to Phoenix, Arizona over the long Labor day weekend. We flew out of Indy early Friday afternoon, and came back Monday evening. We went because Abhay's sister, Gunjan is in Phoenix on business....

Here's a short synapses of our trip--

Friday evening we arrived in AZ on Friday at 6:30. We were dead tired due to the 3 hour time difference. We met up with Gunjan, had dinner at PF Changs and collapsed into bed.

Saturday we got up early and drove 4.5 hours north to see the Grand Canyon. It was breathtaking, awe-inspiring, and the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Really, words can not describe it. Never in a million years did I even think I get to see the Grand Canyon. The weather was perfect for it as well. Being a holiday weekend it was pretty crowded so we only stayed for a couple of hours. We got back to Phoenix, had dinner, swam in the hotel pool, and again, collapsed into bed.

Sunday I was able to meet up with my dear friend Dave. I met Dave during my first year of college in Colorado. It was so nice to catch up with him, and have him meet Abhay. (sorry Dave, the picture turned out totally blurry) Later in the afternoon Gunjan, Abhay, and I took in the Desert Botanical Garden. It contains SO MANY neat Cacti. (And this was my first time seeing one). Unfortunately, it was crazy hot so we didn't spend a whole lot of time there. And then another yummy dinner, this time Thai food.

All in all, the perfect weekend. It was so wonderful to spend time with Gunjan and experience Arizona.

Grand Canyon


Grand Canyon again...

Brother and Sister :)


HUGE Cacti

Some more cacti

--MMR

1 comment:

Mark and Megan said...

Sounds jam packed full of fun. I would love to see the Grand canyon! Glad you took pictures. And...you saw Dave, how fun!