Friday, August 28, 2009

Bye, Bye Reading Rainbow.

I read this story about the show Reading Rainbow today. READING RAINBOW It made me ever-so-sad. I truly believe this show is one of the main reasons I feel in love with books as a child...and still love them to this day. I remember, so clearly, watching episodes of reading rainbow in Elementary school and then racing home to tell my Mom about the book on the episode. Without fail, she would take me to the story and buy me the book and I would tear right into it. As a educator I believe children to need know HOW to read (obviously) but also children need to be encouraged to love to read. I believe this program was one of those things that did it.

Alright. I'm off my education soap box...for a while at least!

--Mandy

2 comments:

The Morgan Family said...

I completely agree!! I loved RR too!!!

Mark and Megan said...

So sad. Agreed that a love for reading is important and this show encouraged this for so many children.