Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas recap


I realize it's been a whole week since I last updated this blog. I thought I'd have TONS of time to do this while on vacation...I was wrong!

We had a very nice Christmas eve and Christmas. They were both filled with family, friends, and lots of good food. That's what Christmas is all about, right? I swear we have both eaten for 5 days straight. We didn't do a whole lot of gifts this year...it's so not necessary. Abhay's favorite gift was a Green Bay Packers blanket I had made for him, and mine was the Brewstation Coffee maker he gave me before we flew home for the holidays.

We've also gotten the chance to check out 3 new movies while on vacation. Seven Pounds, Marely and Me, and Slumdog Millionaire. While they were all very good and entertaining in their own respects Slumdog Millionare is by far the best movie we have seen in YEARS!!! (Click on the title to read more about it) It it doesn't win any Oscars, I will be sadly disappointed. RUN, don't walk, to see it now. (and I'm not being biased just because I love India. )

Last Friday night we were able to meet up with some of my friends from high school. It was so good to see my very dearest friend Beth, my friend Jessica and her husband Ryan who were home from London, and our friends Mike and Leslie. We plan to go and see our Bemidji friends at the end of this week.

We still have one more week left of our vacation. We plan to spend lots of time with family and friends, sleep, watch movies/hockey, and enjoy the cold and snow!!


My Nephews Cade (5) Carter (2) and I making dessert for Christmas



Abhay and his new blanket

No comments: