Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Vacation!!!

It's official, my Christmas vacation had BEGUN!

I was supposed to sub today in my favorite classroom, but school was canceled today due to yucky weather. There was a bit of an ice storm last night. To me, it didn't seem like a reason to cancel school. You cancel school when there is a blizzard or it's -50 degrees with wind-chill--not ice. I will forever be a Minnesotan, I guess.

Tomorrow I "GET" to go to another lovely dentist appt. This one shouldn't be as bad as the last one. *knock on wood* I just need to be fitted for a crown and have a temp. one put. I also need to run around town and pick up the last few little items needed for Christmas.

Abhay begins his vacation on Friday. (and he couldn't be more excited about it...maybe only if we were going to India) We're both taking that day to celebrate Christmas together--just the two of us, pack, and get ready to fly back up to Minnesota early Saturday morning!!! We're excited to have two weeks to spend up there. This time, we're excited to be able to see dear friends we miss so very much. We're trying something different, we're going to get a 1-day, 1-way rental car to get to the airport in Indianapolis, and one to get back. We found a good deal--19 bucks each way. We figure it's MUCH cheaper than leaving one of our cars at the aiport for two week (plus they will be able to be home in our nice warm garage) or inconveniencing one of our friends to get up in the middle of the night to take us to the airport. We'll see how it works out...

--Mandy

No comments: