Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pitch-in



I was reminded this week of my first "pitch-in" experience...

We had just moved to Indiana. It was my second week at work and people were talking about a pitch-in. There were papers posted for people to sign up for what you wanted to bring to the pitch-in. I was so confused, I had NO IDEA what people were talking about. I wondered what on earth this could be. I came home and asked Abhay, and he had no idea either. So the next day I went to work and said to my co-worker, "Ok, so this maybe sounds stupid but what's a Pitch-In?" She laughed hysterically and said, "That's right...you'd have no reason to know what a pitch-in is. Here is Indiana we call POTLUCKS pitch-ins!" Huh...

I was reminded of this when I was in a meeting and people were talking about our December meeting and what everyone wanted to bring. I told my current co-workers this story and everyone laughed uproariously.

They are POTLUCKS Hoosier, not pitch-ins...

--MMR

No comments: