Friday, November 20, 2009

Rich

I've been talking a lot about thanksgiving and being thankful with my students at school this past week. Yesterday, one of my third grade girls said to me, "If we have a house, food, and people that love us we're rich."

I thought that was a very profound thing for an 8 year old to say. It took everything I had to choke back the tears. She's so right. Often we, I included in this, forget what things in life REALLY make us rich. I am thankful a child was able to remind me of this.

2 comments:

Megan Hubbbard said...

So true, leave it to kids to remind us of these things.

pm said...

So true, its indeed remarkable that the child even said a thing like that, hope the child never forgets that because as we grow older, I think, we forget what really makes us rich!