Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving

I know a Thanksgiving report is long overdue....so here goes....

We had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving with my mom, dad, brother Brad, "auntie" Laurel, and "uncle" Lyndon. They drove 900 miles from Minnesota to Indiana to spend thanksgiving with us. They were here 6 days...and I loved every second of it. We chatted (a lot), drank coffee (a lot of it), ate LOTS of yummy food, watched movies, shopped, played games, and we showed them around Columbus, Indianapolis, and Taylorsville (where I work). I am postive a good time was had by all. But like always, I was so sad to see them go. I never know when I will see my family again and that breaks my heart. But I'm glad to know they are always a plane ride away.

Abhay and I cooked the whole Thanksgiving meal by ourselves. We had turkey, ham, potato sausage (a scandniavian sausage that my mom and dad brought to Indiana from Minnesota), mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, lots of veggies, sweet potatoes, 2 different salads, and tasty bread. I also made 2 pumpkin pies, 1 coconut cream pie, 1 apple pie, and a peacan pie. I am pleased to report that everything turned out perfectly!!! :) :) Oh and I almost forgot Abhay, my mom, Lyndon and Laurel made Lefse (click on it for more info). We eat ours with sugar and butter. MMMMMM



Abhay making Lefse

The Thanksgiving Bunch

Mmmmm, pies!

--MMR

2 comments:

s said...

Cool blog! .. came through Arus!

btw.. Abhay was a great cook/chef at Tech as well!

Mandy and Abhay said...

Yes, he's a GREAT cook. :) It's nice...he cooks, I bake. :) --Mandy