Sunday, January 24, 2010

Avatar


Last night Abhay and I FINALLY saw Avatar. A whole month after it was released. As you can guess, if you didn't already know, Abhay and I are big time movie buffs and go to the theater to watch movies as often as we possibly can. We've been so busy between going to India and then getting "back on our feet" here at home we didn't have time to see it until now. Plus, we weren't really all that interested in seeing it. We went more because we were curious to see what the hype was all about. All I can say is that we were both very pleasantly surprised...

We drove 45 miles to Indianapolis and saw it in 3D at an IMAX Theater. Sure, it cost 30 dollars for both of us to see it, but it was well worth it. I have never seen anything so beautiful on screen. It was truly a visual feast. I have never seen such creativity in a film before. I'm still amazed. It was truly an experience. Many people warned me that the story line lacked some character, but truth be told both Abhay and I thought the story line was good. Wonderful film!

So I urge you, if you have yet to see it...check it out!!!! This is a movie that all age groups will enjoy. Although I must say I think it's a bit "scary/dark" for children...

--MMR

No comments: