Saturday, May 10, 2008

Licenses, greencard, and games!

We are now officially residents of Indiana. This morning we went to the BMV and got our drivers licenses AND plates for our cars. (yes the motor vehicle office is open Saturday. I thought that was so cool) We went in thinking Indiana license stuff was gonna be cheaper than Minnesota. Boy were we were proven wrong $420.00 later. And here in Indiana we only get one license plate...the back plate. It made me a bit sad to take my Minnesota plates off my car an put on my new blue Indiana one (it and the color of my car match :)). It was one of those reminders that yes, we're here to stay.

Onto exciting news...Abhay received his green card appointment letter in the mail this week. This is something we've been waiting and waiting for. This appointment is an interview the government has set up for us to go in and "plead our case" for Abhay to receive his green card. (which last for 10 year as opposed to an H1B visa which lasts 3) Our interview will be in Indianapolis on June 9. We spoke with our lawyer for almost an hour on Thursday night about what will go on during this interview. I think it made us both more nervous...but it's good to be prepared. It will be fantastic for us if he receives it. We will mostly likely find out on that day if it is approved or not. Send good thoughts and wishes our way that day...

Tonight we invited a bunch of friends over for homemade pizza/game/wii night. This is a tradition that we had with our friends back in Minnesota and wanted to start that here. A good time was had by all...

Wishing you a relaxing Sunday.

--Mandy

1 comment:

The Morgan Family said...

Yay you guys!! THANKS sooooo much for the coupons!!!! I still have something I need to send you, but I waited too long, so I had to wait a little longer til you moved into your new place (so it wouldn't get lost in the mail), and then it's somewhere on my desk... I'll find it though and get it out tomorrow!!!
Luv you two!!