Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Busy, busy!!

We had a very nice relaxing weekend, well knowing that would be the last one in a very long time!

Sunday afternoon came, and we received the keys to the house from the previous owners. We were so very excited. We got the keys, stepped in the door, and this rush of emotion hit both of us. It was pure exhilaration...and overwhelming. It's times like this that we both wish our families lived closer. Just for that moral support...even though we know they are supporting us from afar. And via phone. I swear, I call my parents multiple times a day to ask questions about things.

Monday I went into work, and was sent home 30 minutes later due to low child numbers. I was more than pleased to leave!!! I came home changed clothes and headed straight to the house. Although the previous owners did an OK job cleaning, it wasn't how I wanted it. So I went straight to work cleaning. It took me 2 1/2, YES 2 1/2 hours, to clean the fridge. I swear it hadn't been cleaned since they purchased the fridge. After scrubbing with soap and water the fridge still smelled horrible. I knew about the whole baking powder thing, but i knew this fridge needed something more. I got home, scoured the web, and found many sites suggesting coffee grounds. I did that, and it worked fantastically! I don't recommend it for people that don't like the smell of coffee though. Monday I also scrubbed all 3 bathrooms...which took 4.5 hours!!!!!

Tuesday we both worked, met at the house after work, and did a few things. Nothing too big.

I had today off of work again. Today was spent cleaning out the nasty oven/stove, clean and wipe down all the cupboards. I also got one of the rooms prepped for painting. When Abhay got done with work, we set to taking down the wallpaper in the 1/2 bathroom. Man alive, what a pain!!! Wallpaper is awful stuff. I will NEVER put it up...in any form. It took us 3 hours to get about 85% of it down. We're both totally exhausted and sore. We used muscles we're not use to using. But it feels good that it's ALMOST all down. We'll finish the rest tomorrow after work.

This weekend we will be painting. I'm excited to get that done. We will have our dear friends over helping us. We're only painting 1 bedroom and the 1/2 bathroom. BUT every room needs some sort of touch up. Let's just say the people that painted it were not very experienced.

It's a lot of work, but will be so worth it in the end!! :)

--Mandy

1 comment:

The Morgan Family said...

you're cheating on your blog with your new house.
Sick-os!
lol - jk - hope you both are doing well!!!!