Thursday, October 23, 2008

Far, far away

Kindergarten student: Mrs Rawal, your necklace is pretty. Where did you get it?
Me: I got it in a country called India.
Kindergarten student: Is that a long ways away?
Me: It's a very long ways away.
Kindergarten student: Like Wal-Mart?
Me: No, no....much further. You have to ride on an airplane for a whole day.
Kindergarten student: Yeah, like Wal-Mart!!!!!

I find it so amusing how some children have no concept of time, or space. This convo made my day!

1 comment:

The Morgan Family said...

lol!!! that's cute. back when i used to teach sunday school at our old house, i had a student ask me, "why are your teeth so white?" As I was about to talk up drinking milk (and carefully leave out that every 5 years I get them bleached)... another student yells, it's coz they're fake. duh."
thanks.