Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Melancholy

We made it home Sunday night, well I should say Monday morning, and we're oh-so-happy to be home. We were greeted with 35 degree temps....almost a 70 degree difference!!! :) It felt weird for both of us to drive on snow/ice free roads. We had gotten used to it while up north.

So now Christmas is over and we are into the new year. I always get a melancholy feeling in January. In Minnesota I used to blame it on the weather, but this year that's not that case. I think it because the whole anticipation of Holiday season is over, and it's back to normal life. I was telling Abhay about this and he said, "Why do you feel that way? It'll come around again next year." Him saying that gave me an "ah-ha" moment. He's so right. Plus there are PLENTY of other things to look forward to and experience.

--Mandy

2 comments:

The Morgan Family said...

looking forward to catching up with you this year!!!!!

Unknown said...

Our get together this month will help the winter duldrums..