Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sad news...

I am very sad to report that I had someone very dear to me pass away. My mom's aunt Phyllis passed away yesterday after being in a coma since Jan 8th. Phyllis was more of a Grandmother to me, not just a great aunt. She stepped in after my grandparents were gone. My heart truly aches. But I am thankful that she is in a better place...

I thankful that it's going to work out for me to go back to Minnesota to give support and attend the funeral. I will be flying out of Indianapolis tomorrow (Friday Jan 30) morning at 7:15am and will come back next Thursday Feb 5th around 10pm. When I booked last night, and still now, the actual memorial service date had not been set...I'm just hoping and praying it will be within one of those days (which there's a very, very good chance it will be). I didn't think I'd be coming "home" again this soon. I feel bad it's for such an event. But nonetheless I will get to enjoy some quality time with my family.

Abhay will stay here in Columbus. Which is a very weird thing. Most of you know that the two of us are attached at the hip, and rarely ever apart (besides at work). This will be the longest we've been away from each other since Feb. 2006. He's my rock and it will be hard to go through all this without him. Be he will stay here, keep watch on the house, work, and live a bachelor life for 6 days. He'll be fine. :)

If you pray, please keep my family in your prayers. It's never easy to lose someone you love. If you don't pray, pass along good thoughts, strength, and peace their way. Thank you!

--Mandy

No comments: