Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Proud day

Today was a big day. History was made in the United States of American. I was so very happy to have the fine privilege of watching the inauguration of the 44th president, Barack Obama, today. What made watching even better was that I got to share it with 40 5th grade students. I feel proud that I was able to sit with America's tomorrow and watch history in the making. I will remember it for the rest of my life. (as cheesy as that sounds...;))

It's no surprise to any of you that Abhay and I are both huge supporters of Obama. We're both excited to see the changes that will take place with him in office...

I'll leave you with a quote Obama made in his acceptance speech:
"If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer."

--Mandy

No comments: