Saturday, January 3, 2009

Some things change, some things don't...

Yesterday we were able to spend the afternoon and evening in Bemidji. Bemidji is where I went to college and lived for two year after while I taught kindergarten in Red Lake, MN. I LOOOOOVED living in Bemidji. It was the perfect town for me. I hadn't been there in over a year, so it was really nice to visit--but made me miss it. Some things had changed, and then some hadn't at all. I drove by my little, cozy, yellow house that I rented for 4 years. It brought back such good feelings and memories just seeing it (although they have now painted it big bird yellow...it's so bright). Lots of big changes happened in my life while living in that house. I was also able to stop into my old stomping ground--Herberger's (the store I worked in for almost 4 years.) I was really shocked to see some people that I used to work with still work there--many of them I had trained in! :)

Our whole purpose of going to Bemidji was to see our friends. We met up with Jess, Heather and Matt, and Sean and Jenny at The Green Mill. It was good to chat and reconnect with them. We really and truly do miss our friends from up here! We're so lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives. It felt so odd not to have Carrie there--we missed you, girl!! :)

It's storming, yet again, here in TRF today. We had plans for the day but those had to be canceled due to this yucky weather. We plan to enjoy our last full day here by relaxing and eating a Walleye supper (YUM!!) cooked by my Mom. We're flying back home tomorrow afternoon. Cross your fingers for good weather. As much as we have really enjoyed our time here, we're looking forward to getting home. It'll be back to the grind for Abhay on Monday morning, and school starts again for me Tuesday.

No comments: