Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tests, laptops, and vampires...

This week came and went...and left a few things to note.

Saturday morning we woke up early and headed to Bloomington, Indiana. I had to go to Indiana University and take a PRAXIS test to get my permanent Indiana teaching license. Right now I just have a temp one. I had to take 2 different PRAXIS tests in Minnesota to get my teaching license there. Let's just say, these tests are NOT fun. They are the type of exams that you take and when you leave you are sure, without a shadow of a doubt you've bombed it. (I passed the first two in Minnesota with flying colors--scores well beyond what was required) I prepared myself for that feeling, but I think I did ok. We'll see when my score comes in a month. Abhay came with me, which was nice. He dropped me over and the explored around town for the 2 hours I was in the test. Afterwards we ate at Panera for lunch and headed home...

After a few hours being at home we decided to drive to Indianapolis to buy a laptop at Best Buy. (sadly Columbus doesn't have a Best Buy...only a Circuit City) We've been in the market for a new laptop for sometime... Abhay began seriously looking around Thanksgiving. We finally found a great deal and an awesome laptop. It's a Compac Presario--that's about all I know. haha. We both LOVE the huge 15.6 widescreen screen on it, I know that much. It's nice to have a computer than actually starts on the first attempt and doesn't need to be restarted 5-6 times throughout the day. Now it's on the the daunting task of moving everything over from the Dell. I'm already done backing up pictures. Now on to my 800+ songs and many documents. Uff!

One more thing that I cannot forget to mention--books! For Christmas Abhay gave me the first book in the Twilight saga, Twilight. I started reading it Wednesday and finished all 500 pages of it by Saturday evening. I started book 2, New Moon, last night before bed. These books are so addictive. I love a series that I can't put down!! I recommend them to anyone.

Here's wishing everyone a great week.

--Mandy

No comments: