Sunday, April 6, 2008

Why Indiana?

Some of you may be asking, Why Indiana?? Well, here's why!

Abhay and I moved to Columbus, Indiana this past week. We moved for a great new job opportunity for Abhay. He will be starting his new position as Project Engineer at Emcon Technologies tomorrow. He will be doing NVH work like he was at Arctic Cat, just this time around he will be working on cars, vans, trucks, SUV. This new job is a GREAT opportunity for him. I'm so thrilled for him. He's mighty excited too

Last Wednesday, the day after we arrived here in Columbus ,I interviewed for a teaching position at Cummin's Child Development Center. (The head-quarters for Cummin's Diesel is located here in Columbus)I was offered a job on the spot. :) I will be starting my position as an infant teacher tomorrow. I am so very excited to be working with little ones again.

We are enjoying Columbus so far. It's a very city, with lots of things to do. Columbus is 50 south of Indianapolis...and is within 90 miles of Louisville, Ky and Cincinnati, OH. Columbus is a city of about 40,000 people. It has very decent shopping and lots of restaurants. The thing we fell in love with about this city is the architecture. I've never seen such beautiful buildings. This city is ranked 6th in the US for architecture. Cool, huh?

We are currently living in a temporary apartment provided by Emcon. We love the area and apartment so much, we are staying! We signed a lease for 6 months. That will give us plenty of time to look around and find the perfect house to buy.

The weather is gorgeous here. Sunny and 70. Nothing like it is in Minnesota right now! Sorry guys. ;)

Happy trails to you.

--Mandy :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just asked a bunch of questions about your move,before I read the blog...so excuse my backwardness! Sounds like an opportunity that one just could not pass on. Congratulations and best wishes on this new adventure. Hard to believe that you will be coming up on married bliss of 1 year. Seems like yesterday! Take care. Candace

Anonymous said...

I miss you so dang much already, but I know you're having a fabulous adventure with Mr. Husband. I can't wait to visit sometime over the summer!
Loves! Bethy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you moved and I just found out for the first time in your blog!!! I can't believe mike didn't tell me! Even more so I can't believe that I had you in TRF for so long and didn't take advantage of it!!! I feel like a terrible friend. I hope you love your new home. Your school is SO lucky to have you. There is a reason they hired you right on the spot. Take care! Leslie