Monday, November 10, 2008

November 10, 2008

I cannot believe we're already 10 days into November?! Where has time gone. Seriously?!

We had a good busy weekend. Friday night Abhay and I did our normal Friday night date. This week is was dinner and a movie. We saw Role Models. We both enjoyed it, got a few good laughs, but will probably never watch it again. We both REALLY love the fact that I get done with work earlier and can beat the Friday night 6:15pm dinner rush.

Saturday we had a little house warming party at our house. We had a few friends come over. We had a potluck dinner of yummy food, played some games, and had some good chats/laughs. It was so fun to finally show off our house. Saturday night was the first time anyone has seen the house finished. It was fun to see peoples reactions. I think we did a pretty good job!

Sunday morning we met my dear friend Amber at a park downtown for a photo shoot...and we were the subjects. (Amber and I worked together at CCDC...she was my sanity there). She is an amazing, artsy photographer. I will make sure to post a couple of pics when she's done editing them. We already saw a preview of some of them, and I love them. It was actually pretty fun. I think we felt comfortable because it was someone we knew. But of course, we picked the coldest day of the season to do it. The past week the temps have been in the low 70's. Yesterday it was about 40. Oh well, I'm not meaning to complain...we could be in snow right now. The rest of Sunday was spent doing Sunday things--groceries, laundry, football for Abhay, reading and napping for me. :)

I ended up falling ill yesterday evening and have spent pretty much all day in bed. Out of 24 hours I slept 16. :) I'm on the mend now and looking forward to subbing in one of my favorite classrooms tomorrow afternoon.

--Mandy

No comments: