Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pacers Friday!

A few weeks ago Abhay and I were talking about professional sports. I didn't know this before, but he had NEVER been to a pro game. After hearing that I set out on the Internet to look for Indiana Pacers tickets for us. Two days later we were holding tickets in our hands...

We left after work and went straight to downtown Indianapolis. Like we always do, we parked in the Circle Center Mall. If you've been to Indy, you probably know about it. If not, it's this VERY cool, very hip, very nice mall smack in the middle of downtown Indianapolis. (I always feel under-dressed in this mall) You'd never know it's a mall from the outside...it just looks like a Nordstoms. It's a huge, whole block, 4 story mall. We went up to the 3rd floor and found something to eat and then walked 1.5 blocks to the Concesco Field House--home of the Pacers.

Our seats were pretty high up, certainly not the worst seats, but by no means the best. It didn't matter to us. We had a great time. I never expected we would have so much fun. The Pacers lost to the 76rs 94-92....but played a good game. The whole atmosphere of pro games is so much fun. The jumbo-tron, the lights, the cheering, the treats/vendors, the music. All that in itself makes the ticket price worth it. I'm pretty sure we will be checking out a few more games this season.

Go Pacers!

1 comment:

The Morgan Family said...

I agree - the vibe at a live game rocks! I'm glad you intro'ed Abhay to that part of our American culture!!!!